Jerry Borrowman joined New York Life as an agent in Pocatello, Idaho on March 3, 1978. In the course of the next 24 years, he worked as an agent, sales manager, trainer, and assistant vice-president in field technology. He traveled for New York Life International including work in India, Hong Kong, and Argentina.
In 2001 he joined Beneficial Life as Vice-President of Advanced Solutions and Professional Development, where he and his team provided classroom and internet training, illustration support, and individual case support. Jerry also worked as a member of the Product Design Committee, Agent Market Conduct Compliance Committee, and as lead designer for agent software. When Beneficial Life withdrew from the sale of new products he joined Cambridge Financial Center, the Utah, Nevada, Idaho and Arizona affiliate of Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, where he works as Director of Advanced Solutions. In the course of his career, Jerry has taught more than 2,000 classes to agents on topics related to all areas of advanced markets, in more than thirty states, and a variety of foreign countries.
- Qualifying member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) and Association for Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU)
- 2011 workshop presenter at MDRT in Atlanta, GA. Ranked in the top 5% of classes taught.
- National IMPACT Chair AALU 2007-2009. Main platform speaker on political involvement.
- Workshop presenter at national 2008 NAIFA Conference, and main platform at NAIFA state conventions.
- 2011-2012 President of the Salt Lake Association of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- 2012-2013 Program Chair of the Utah Chapter of the Society of Financial Services Professionals.
- Emeritus Board member, The American College Alumni Association Advisory Board of Directors, Philadelphia.
- Leadership in Life Institute (LILI) Moderator for NAIFA
Credentials and Degrees
- B.A. Political Science, Idaho State University, 1977. Graduated summa cum laude.
- MSFS, American College, 2000 (Master of Science, Financial Services) with Honors
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Chartered Advisor Philanthropy (CAP), Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF)
- Journal of Society of Financial Services Professionals
- Wealth Channel Magazine of the American College Alumni Association
- Life Insurance Selling Magazine and Planned Gifts Counselor
- The New York Life Review (more than three dozen articles through the years)
- Author of thirteen published books, including “Have You Bought the Ticket? with Carol Holm, published by the MDRT Center for Productivity as well as co-authored biography and fiction from World War I and World War II. Visit www.jerryborrowman.com for more information.